We are looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Senior Accountant to join Canada’s fastest growing sleep company. As a Senior Accountant, you will gain exposure to working with individuals in all departments at Endy. Your technical expertise and understanding of advanced accounting will help our leadership team identify key growth opportunities.
Sleep easy knowing we are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
What you’ll do:
- Own the entire financial reporting function.
- Prepare and review account reconciliations.
- Review journal entries.
- Review month-end accruals.
- Assist with processing of invoices.
- GST / HST / QST/ WSIB/ EHT monthly filing.
- Payroll processing.
- Ensure adherence to internal control processes, accounting policies and procedures.
- Investigate and implement new technologies to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Training and mentorship to team.
Who you are:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a finance department role with account reconciliation and accounting experience.
- CPA Designation.
- Experience in public accounting preferred.
- Proven ability to effectively manage and prioritize work flow.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of personal accountability and ownership in their work.
- Ability to carry out assigned projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Advanced in MS Excel and a good understanding of MS Office Suite.
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative and be proactive.
- You love sleep!
- Weekly catered team lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen of snacks and drinks
- Beer Fridays
- We’ve got you covered with health and lifestyle benefits
- Wellness program
- The works! (mattress, pillow, sheets)
- Flexible vacation policy
- Quarterly team events
- Open concept office with a collaborative team