The Video Content Manager would shoot footage, add sound and graphics to create compelling content for our brand. You have a high level of skill, documented success in the space and ability to produce a good volume of quality content.
Reporting to the Creative Director. Given general direction, you must be able to plan and facilitate studio and field-based video production work, including the pre-production planning, filming, editing, sound mixing, post-production and output of a wide range of video products, and performs other related duties as assigned.
What you’ll do:
- State of the art editing skills using industry tools such as Adobe’s Premiere Pro.
- Storyboard creation and the ability to “tell the story” with the video. A good sense of marketing is critical.
- Develop and optimize workflow techniques to manage complex video projects effectively and efficiently
- Skill in visualizing and shooting concepts.
- Understanding of popular social channels and how to best engage with their users.
- Develop and communicate ideas for improving strategies to ensure the successful implementation of those strategies
- Meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Operate and maintain a variety of digital video cameras and video editing equipment, computers and relevant systems and software
- Work with other technical and non-technical staff to organize and implement videotaping of instructional or other educational related projects
- Advise staff on effective media communication practices
- Adapt video products to fit needs of clients and target audience
- Explain various principles of video to team
- Troubleshoot video product complications
- Lift and move equipment; perform basic repairs on video/photo equipment
- Research solutions and make technical decisions
- Research and remain current on the developments and applications of state of the art video production technology
Who you are:
- 6-8 years’ experience working in content production, design production, design program management, marketing or e-commerce merchandising with executing highly visible customer experiences
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in telecommunication or video production.
- Proven success in managing multiple complex and multi-faceted projects with the ability to drive projects through completion.
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Superior presentation and written communication skills.
- Experience building content for a variety of media -- web, mobile, print, more -- and familiarity with the design and technical considerations when design and producing for different media
- Progressively responsible experience in a professional video editing/producing environment demonstrating competence in all areas of video production.
- Understanding of principles, methods, theory of media communication and professional video production procedures
- Experience with studio production with multi-camera shooting
- Understanding the principles of digital video capture
- Experience with professional television production equipment operation including video cameras and recorders, audio recording equipment, file compression, video switching, character generation, lighting, and post-production equipment
- Intermediate level of standard software applications proficiency with an understanding of current video/photo formats, codecs, project based file management,
- Advanced understanding of Adobe Creative Suite or comparable video and audio editing software
- Experience handling and troubleshooting of broadcast quality video production and post-production equipment; safety practices related to video production.
- Possession of a valid Ontario driver’s license and/or able to provide own transportation in conduct of work assignments; willingness to travel in Canada.
- You love sleep!
- Weekly catered team lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen of snacks and drinks
- Beer Fridays
- We’ve got you covered with health and lifestyle benefits
- Wellness program
- The works! (mattress, pillow, sheets)
- Flexible vacation policy
- Quarterly team events
- Open concept office with a collaborative team